1. All who completed the voluntary on Friday will receive a certificate recognizing their participation.
A. train B. trained C. training D. trainable
2. Mr. Arman admitted that he had been surprised by the high volume of sales his company had generated last quarter.
A. most thorough B. thoroughly
C. thoroughness D. thorough
3. Most of the meeting was spent going over the sales from the previous month.
A. shapes B. celebrities
C. figures D. measures
4. According to the promotional flyer, this year’s convention on international trade issues promises to be a very event.
A. informing B. information
C. informative D. inform
5. One of the more results of the price increase was an initial drop in sales.
A. confusing B. beneficial
C. respected D. obvious
6. William was pleased to see the executives respond so to the proposal he had been working on.
A. frustratingly B. enthusiastically
C. simply D. indifferently
7. According to recent reports, the numbers of in Allenton is expected to double by the year 2010.
A. manufacturers B. manufacturing
C. manufactured D. manufactures
8. Questions concerning shipping costs of delivery times should be directed to the , not the manufacturing firm.
A. distribution B. distribute
C. distributor D. distributing
9. Within just six weeks of the safety program’s , on-the-job accidents had dropped by almost 30%.
A. launch B. staff C. limitation D. touch
10. The majority of those who attended the meeting remained throughout the entirety of the exciting presentation.
A. captivating B. captivation
C. captivated D. captivates
11. The employees requested that the presentation begin at 7:00 and that it last no longer than one hour.
A. promptly B. willingly C. abruptly D. recently
12. Mr. Jones has been accused of distributing several important memorandums to persons outside the company.
A. integral B. independent
C. incapable D. internal
13. The advisory committee announced that up to thirty percent of the company’s workforce would have to be let go.
A. regrettable B. regretfully C. regret D. regretful
14. To remove jammed paper from the printer, lift up the plastic panel and press the button marked “Jam”.
A. simplify B. simple C. simply D. simplistic
15. Even though the conference is not for another eight weeks, we have decided to begin making the necessary now.
A. arranged B. arrangements C. arranging D. arranges
16. Whoever is in charge of the event must have the ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time.
A. coordinating B. intending C. collaborating D. depending
17. There are no differences between the two products, despite the fact that each is made from different materials.
A. observably B. observing C. observe D. observable
18. Mr. Gable will not approve the purchase until his supervisor conducts a review of the contract.
A. comprehension B. comprehend
C. comprehensive D. comprehending
19. Many people who read the document complained that it included too much information that was not to the main issue.
A. relevant B. outward
C. equivalent D. opposite
20. Troubled corporations must sometimes declare bankruptcy when the level of their debt becomes .
A. unmanageable B. distinctive
C. indirect D. impatient
21. The release date for the documentary film about life in America is , but the producer still has a lot of work to do.
A. approached B. approaching
C. to approach D. approach
22. Workers maintain that the company’s to implement modern safety regulations puts everyone in the factory at risk of injury.
A. discouragement B. indecision
C. unwillingness D. hindrance
23. If you have any about the products on display, one of our salespeople will be happy to assist you.
A. incidents B. instances
C. inquiries D. innovations
24. Research recently conducted on the side effects of the medication that it should not be prescribed to diabetic patients.
A. has found B. has been found
C. finds D. was finding
25. Market research shows that few consumers actually prices before selecting their groceries in the store.
A. renew B. submit C. compare D. collect
26. By a cheaper material for the steel in our products, we can greatly reduce manufacturing costs.
A. substituting B. replacing
C. alternating D. displacing
27. If your computer experience any problems within the warranty period, you can take it to an authorized repair center free of charge.
A. will B. should C. had D. would
28. All of the machinery must be carefully inspected before production at the plant is allowed to .
A. inhibit B. comply C. motivate D. proceed
29. If you have not received of your order within two business days, please contact our customer service center.
A. confirmation B. resignation
C. preparation D. expectation
30. Please make sure all items have been from the desks before the new employees arrive next week.
A. removed B. remove
C. removes D. removing
31. Applications for the Hamilton School of Business scholarship must by June 1 in order to be considered.
A. be mailing B. mails
C. be mailed D. mail
32. Mr. Tamil believes that his strategy for increasing advertising revenues will be successful, but his supervisor has requested that he research alternative .
A. agendas B. samples
C. displays D. methods
33. Had the town’s residents been allowed to vote on the measure, it surely .
A. would be passing B. would have passed
C. passed D. would pass
34. Advertisements that the travel agency’s newest package vacations will air on radio and television stations tomorrow evening.
A. promote B. overlook
C. submit D. admire