1. DJK Technology Concepts. Inc. offers a leadership training course to hired engineers.
A. recently B. comparatively
C. exactly D. approximately
2. Among the likely candidates for the job, Mr. DiPaolo is the most .
A. secured B. requisite
C. conditional D. qualified
3. the few who have failed in their examination, all the other students in the hall are in very high spirits.
A. In spite that B. But for
C. Apart from D. For the sake of
4. The decline in moral standards, which has long concerned social analysts, has at last the attention of average Americans.
A. clarified B. cultivated
C. characterized D. captured
5. Our neighbor Uncle Johnson is a stubborn man. Needless to say, we tried to make him change his mind.
A. in short B. in secret C. in vain D. in danger
6. The western media was astonished to see that China’s GDP by almost 40% just in two years’ time.
A. flourished B. floated C. soared D. roared
7. Unemployment seems to be the social problem in this area and may undermine social stability.
A. prevalent B. primitive C. previous D. premature
8. Many people, when ill, see their doctors and ask them to something that will make them feel better.
A. describe B. prescribe C. revise D. devise
9. Facing growing costs and shrinking tax , the government is now threatening to cut funding for environmental protection programs.
A. budget B. collection C. profit D. revenue
10. The office complex on Broad Street has been for a year due to delayed construction work.
A. vacantly B. vacating C. vacancy D. vacant
11. Upon installation, the software will prompt the user to enter the product , which is located in the instruction manual.
A. number B. numbered C. numbering D. numbers
12. After a long period of poor sales, Traestar Industries finally released figures showing a budget for the third quarter.
A. surplus B. price C. substitute D. reward
13. Test the batteries in your flashlights to ensure that you have a source of light in the event of an electrical power failure.
A. lately B. avoidably C. highly D. regularly
14. Fuel is an important factor to consider when purchasing a new car.
A. consumption B. prevention
C. impairment D. internalization
15. The Huntington Library has an collection of rare books and manuscripts of British and American history and literature.
A. intensive B. intentional C. extensive D. extensional
16. Inflation will reach its highest in a decade across most of Asia this year,threatening to recent productivity gains.
A. reverse B. reserve C. retrieve D. revise
17. Those governments will provide big food and fuel according to the Asian Development Bank.
A. substitutes B. substances C. subsequences D. subsidies
18. In mild winters apple buds began to break soon after Christmas, leaving them to frost damage.
A. reluctant B. tough C. hostile D. vulnerable
19. What is happening is a survival-of-the-fittest struggle affecting smaller factories in relatively low-tech,labor-intensive industries.
A. primarily B. rationally C. primitively D. respectively
20. The major products of this company include telephones, appliances, other modern conveniences.
A. nor B. or C. but D. and
21. Speaking behalf of the vice of president, Alan Lee thanked the employees for their contributions to the fund-raising project.
A. at B. on C. by D. for
22. Next Thursday the Lambert Historical Society will present methods for learning more about the history of your home.
A. specify B. specifying C. specific D. specifications
23. Although Oliver Rodriguez’ books have shaped the way that business handle staff relations, he does not consider an expert on the subject.
A. he B. him C. his D. himself
24. Since many people want to attend the awards ceremony on Friday, extra buses will be made to the public.
A. additional B. frequent C. available D. employable
25. The guest speaker highlighted some ideas for introducing change in the workplace.
A. success B. succeed C. succeeding D. successfully
26. Conference participants interested in industrial development should schedule a visit to Bridgeville’s factories.
A. practically B. definitely C. recently D. fortunately
27. The gift shop in the hotel lobby specializer in handcrafted gift items, each one of them unique and .
A. memory B. memorize C. memories D. memorable
28. Training for our new processors will take place a three-day period in July.
A. among B. over C. beyond D. behind
29. The forethought and planning at each step of writing a proposal will have a direct impact on the chances of its acceptance.
A. invest B. invested C. investor D. investing
30. Insofar as the company is liable for , the dissatisfied customer will be compensated for any damage.
A. negligence B. slight C. disregard D. overlook
31. One reason that the economy of the country is doing so well is that people now have more discretionary funds at their .
A. dispose B. disposing C. disposal D. disposes
32. In order for you to receive the early registration rate, your application form must be postmarked Friday, October 28.
A. in advance B. beforehand
C. previously D. no later than