1. Not until I came home last night to bed.
A. Mum did go B. did Mum go C. went Mum D. Mum went
2. the police thought he was the most likely one, since they had no exact proof about it, they could not arrest him.
A. Although B. As long as C. If only D. As soon as
3. the dog, we should have reached our destination in time.
A. Because of B. In spite of C. But for D. In case of
4. Lucy changed her major from physics to computer, .
A. with hopes to be able to locate employment more easily
B. hoping she can easily get a job
C. with the hope for the ability to find a better job
D. hoping to find a job more easily
5. By the time Ms. Okada in Incheon for the sales meeting, she had already completed preliminary negotiations by telephone.
A. has arrived B. arrived C. will arrive D. arrives
6. The Estes Museum explores the life and work of artist Mariellla Estes and is located just of Valparaiso, Chile.
A. through B. next C. outside D. beyond
7. The building roof we can see is the Western Church.
A. its B. which C. whose D. who’s
8. She listened carefully she might discover exactly what he wanted.
A. so as that B. in case C. providing D. in order that
9. We apologize for any inconvenience this you.
A. may cause B. to cause
C. to have caused D. would have cause
10. A majority of the customers who completed the survey rated Sasaki mobile phones as good or excellent.
A. whether B. although C. both D. either
11. It is the job of an aircraft maintenance engineer to make sure planes, helicopters and all manner of aircraft safe to fly.
A. are B. is C. be D. to be
12. Ms Nancy didn’t mind at all to the ceremony.
A. being not invited B. not being invited
C. not inviting D. not to be invited
13. The goals he had fought all his life no longer seemed important to him.
A. after which B. for which C. with which D. at which
14. You don’t object my calling you by your first name, do you?
A. in B. of C. on D. to
15. It quite a few years the accused was declared innocent and set free.
A. was; since B. is; that C. will be; when D. was; before
1. their real economic situations, they got some relief fund from the government.
A. Considering B. Considered
C. Having been considered D. Being considered
2. Tina have known the truth, or she would have told us.
A. mustn’t B. shouldn’t C. can’t D. needn’t
3. What do you mean saying that you’ve never heard of it before?
A. in B. by C. as D. with
4. Mr. Uemura declined to on rumors about how many medicines the drug manufacturer had in development.
A. comment B. commentary
C. comments D. commenting
5. Le Deux cookware, Weir cookware is dishwasher safe and can be used in microwave and convection ovens.
A. For B. Still C. Without D. Unlike
6. a particular airline accepts you, is finally determined by your performance in front of the interviewer.
A. If B. What C. Whether D. Weather
7. On the next birthday, Ann married for twenty years.
A. is B. has been C. will be D. will have been
8. Do you think it possible to have the work within 3 days.
A. to do B. done C. to be done D. being done
9. In that case, there is nothing you can do than wait.
A. more B. other C. better D. any
10. Oh, I’m not feeling well in the stomach, I so much fried chicken just now.
A. shouldn’t eat B. mustn’t have eaten
C. shouldn’t have eaten D. mustn’t eat
11. donated the prizes handed out on the first evening to children participating in the History of Montville Quiz.
A. They B. Theirs C. Some D. What
12. Guests that some services available on the premises, including telephone and fax, are charged separately from the room fee.
A. had been reminded B. would remind
C. are reminded D. reminded
13. In order to gain a bigger share in the international market, many state-run companies are striving their products more competitive.
A. to make B. making C. to have made D. having made
14. Come and see me two or three .
A. for; days B. after; days C. in; days’ time D. during; day time
15. I would have told him the answer had it been possible, but I so busy then.
A. had been B. were C. was D. would be
1. Economics, several courses of which I have taken thus far, to be difficult but useful for almost all students.
A. prove B. proves C. have been proved D. are proved
2. Nine in ten parents said there were significant differences in their approach to educating their children compared with of their parents.
A. those B. one C. both D. that
3. Today, Wichner Industries announced that it opening an office in Kuala Lumpur to coordinate its overseas operations.
A. will be B. be C. is being D. been
4. The staff of the document storage facility followed the auditor’s suggestions for corrective action in detail.
A. some B. ether C. every D. other
5. Michael be a policeman, for he is much too short.
A. needn’t B. can’t C. should D. may
6. What would have happened, , as far as the river bank？
A. Bob had walked farther
B. if Bob should walk farther
C. had Bob walked farther
D. if Bob walked farther
7. He sent me an E-mail, to get further information.
A. hoped B. hoping C. to hope D. hope
8. Author Ken Yabuki wrote a magazine article based on recent visit to Iceland.
A. him B. his C. himself D. he
9. To prepare for the interview at Boyer Pharmaceuticals, Mr. Paik read about the company’s history.
A. yourselves B. ourselves C. himself D. itself
10. All governments across the world have been establishing rules to tell us to stay inside the boundary of right.
A. when B. where C. how D. what
11. we’ll go camping tomorrow depends on the weather.
A. If B. Whether C. That D. Where
12. The WTO cannot live up to its name it does not include a country that is home to one fifth of mankind.
A. as long as B. while C. if D. even though
13. They arrived at a farmhouse, in front of sat a small boy.
A. whom B. who C. which D. that
14. The engineer my father works is about 50 years old.
A. to whom B. on whom C. with which D. with whom
15. Little that she was seriously ill herself.
A. Susan knew B. did Susan know C. knew Susan D. was Susan known